Dear Class of 2011 -
We are so happy to welcome you to the ranks of the Jacksonville University Alumni Association, a group of over 23,000 individuals, including Amazing Race winner Alex Boylan, Hall of Famer Artis Gilmore, and many, many others. With graduation just a few days away, we have compiled a list of the top five things that every new Alum should know to make your Alumni experience the greatest it can possibly be!
1. Get Social! Join the Jacksonville University Alumni Facebook fan page to stay up-to-date with campus news and Alumni events!
2. Join the Club! Find a JU Dolphin Club in your area. Dolphin Clubs are a great way to network and keep in touch with other Alums. No club in your area? No problem! Request to create one by emailing us!
3. Attend Happy Hours! We invite you to attend your very first "Recent Dolphin Network" Happy Hour on Thursday, May 5 at Caribbee Key at 5:30 p.m. All new grads get their first drink on us for your inaugural Happy Hour! For more information or to RSVP, email us or go to the News & Events section of the Alumni website. RDN Happy Hours are held the first Thursday of every month for graduates of the last decade.
4. Make Your Degree Count! A component of JU's national ranking is based on the percentage of alumni that donate money (that's percentage, not amount - even $5 helps!). The more Alums that donate, the more value your degree has. So the best thing you can do for yourself is donate! Click to give today!
5. Connect with MyDolphin! Help us keep track of you by keeping your contact information up to date. MyDolphin also provides a place for career and professional networking, as well as a place to share your news with other Alums!
After your tassel is turned, you are officially a member of the Jacksonville University Alumni Association! We encourage you to be an active member - it's easy, it's fun, and it's free! We hope you come to think of us as a great resource; we can help you with anything from finding a long lost friend to publicizing your new book! We are always available at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904.256.7201.
So congratulations, Class of 2011, soon-to-be JU Alums! Join us for an event soon and become a Dolphin for Life! See you at Caribbee Key on May 5!
With many thanks and congratulations,
Your Alumni Office