Friday, July 16, 2010

Dunk’n on the Road

Over the past several months, we at the Dolphin Network have been primarily conducting our own interviews to offer news and insight from JU students, faculty and alumni from around the globe. However, we recently received a “Letter to the Editor” from our very own Dunk’n that we thought was worth publishing:

Dear Dolphin Network:


I just had to send a note letting you know how much I have enjoyed reading about all the amazing things the JU community has been up to. From alumni Rebecca Barry discussing being a meteorologist to Coach Warren’s thoughts on postseason basketball to Professor White talking about the environment, it is clear there are a lot of exciting things going on in a lot of exciting places. So, I was hoping I could ask for a favor from your readers.

Last fall, JU and I turned 75. When that happened, there were events happening almost every weekend to celebrate. But with the summer halfway over now, and my 76th birthday fast approaching, I have decided I need a vacation.

Not just any vacation though. I want to see the country….no, I want to see the world!!

The problem is that I don’t want to travel alone and would really love to visit and vacation with some fellow Dolphins…JU Dolphins that is. Luckily for me, one of the benefits of being part of Jacksonville University is that there are alumni EVERYWHERE, so I’m hoping that some of them will want to have me visit.

So, if any Dolphins out there are going on vacation and wouldn’t mind me tagging along, I would love to join you. No need to book me a seat or rent me a room though. Just visit the JU Alumni page, print me out and take a photograph with me wherever you are headed. Then, send it to the JU Alumni Office at alumni@ju.edu so we can post it for all to see. To see where I have been already, check out my travel album.

Hope to see you all soon,

Dunk’n

P.S. If you want to see some of the places I have already visited, plus keep in touch with my travels, make sure to friend me on Facebook!!!


If you would like to be part of the Dunk’n on the Road project, visit the JU Alumni
page HERE.

If you have a picture with Dunk’n and would like to share it with the Dolphin Network, please email it HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment